FoodTouch® paper products offer an active, simple, and smart solution that help Executive Chefs and Kitchen Managers to better manage their valuable meats, seafood, and perishables prior to use and throughout the chain of custody. Unlike traditional passive products such as butcher and parchment paper, film and foil, FoodTouch is the active packaging alternative that helps keep food fresher longer. Its multi-faceted structure and antimicrobial-protected surface supports operational best practices and kitchen management.
- Active Properties – treated protected paper surface resists odor causing organisms resulting in less smell.
- Delays Oxidation – surface contact curbs against discoloration because it slows the rate of the destructive oxidation process on raw proteins (seafood, meat, and perishables).
- Oil Barrier – non-absorbent layer holds natural meat and fish oils keeping its natural preservative intact.
- Slime Factor – surface contact reduces the characteristics of filmy slime on the surface keeping raw proteins visually dryer, firmer and dense.
- Wicks Excess Moisture – paper under layer pulls moisture away from food leaving the surface drier.
Supports Operational Best Practices and Kitchen Management
- Managerial Oversight – a quality control utensil that provides a designated known surface that will be in direct contact with stored foods prior to cooking.
- Gives management the assurance that stored food is properly cared for while in their chain of custody.
- Enhances Conventional Food Prep – realize labor saving benefits by streamlining common storage and handling procedures without having to change existing operational procedures.
- Active properties extend the freshness of raw food during storage and handling while in direct contact with FoodTouch.
- Improves Space Allocation – interleave between stacked foods in tubs and on sheet pans condenses storage space and maximizes refrigeration capacity.
- Standardizes Training Tool – helps train kitchen staff by standardizing the flow of food, and food handling processes.
- Increases Food Sanitation – using the protected paper surface as a liner, cover, interleave, and wrap in all storage and handling situations promotes a cleaner food environment.